A Fresh coat of paint is a terrific way to give your home a facelift. It repels weather, protects and adds curb appeal.
Exterior painting can go a long way toward giving your home a whole new look while also keeping it well protected from the elements.
At HMC works we understand the importance of taking care of your home and making it look as attractive as possible.
We utilize a 5-step that guarantees the best results each and every time we take on an exterior painting project.
These steps includes:
The Set up:
The first step in the process involves cleaning the dirt and mildew from your home's exterior. This
step may involve hand washing, power washing or a combination of both.
Damp proofing problems will be address at this stage.
Color consultation will be done
After the dirt and mildew has been removed, we scrap away all of the loose paint and sand off glossy or peeling surfaces. We repair all cracks and imperfections. Dovetail cracks >1mm and we caulk all gaps to prevent water or air intrusion from occurring.
Next, we prime the complete house or only the areas that needs it. This is a necessary step before applying the new coat of paint.
Painting of walls, window frames and sills, doors and doorframes etc etc etc.
Since most exterior painting projects takes more that one day to complete, we make certain to cleanup the area at the end of each work day as well as once the project has been completed. This includes removing all paint chips and packing up and storing our materials neatly.
Finally, once the job is completed, we inspect our work and then invite you to inspect it as well. This way, we can be certain your completely satisfied with our work. At HMC works, our goal is to provide you with a high quality, reliable and professional paint service each and every time you call upon us for your exterior painting needs.
Product and Product Handling
- HMC Works shall provide all materials, labor, hand tools, equipment (including safety equipment) and supervision necessary to prepare and complete this project
- The necessary measurements will be taken prior to ordering materials or laying out the work
- Paint will be delivered on the site in unopened containers which bears the manufacture’s name and product description
- Products to be used PLASCON or DULUX
- The customer will be supplied with color charts. A sample of the chosen color will be painted and only once you are completely satisfied will the final batch be mixed and purchased.
- Color correctness to be agreed upon in advance by both client and HMC Works
- No application of paint will be commenced until surface is in proper conditions
- The prime coat shall be applied soon after surface preparation has been completed and before any contamination of the substrate.
- Painting can not commence under conditions and circumstances believed to result in poor performance and early failure of the coating. (i.e. rain)